Around 27 December 2014, I signed up and paid premium plus (some other charge, I think) for 1 five year old Corgi and entered age 11 for my cat.

I recall a "Congratulations, We'll Take it From Here" last screen and I felt sure via what was posed on this same Congrats screen that both animals would be covered, I think, within 14 days.

Small print? Not sure. I do remember something about a policy being mailed to me.

I did receive a package in the mail from VPI. Given the holiday rushing and recuperating; I wasn't particularly thorough in what's what.

14 January 2015, I was woken by my cat in the morning, around 9AM; he was insistent and I got out of bed where the corgi stayed on the bed (weird... she follows me everywhere).

My living room was on fire; smoke billowing, 5 smaller fires around the room. It was horrific. My hero cat still meowing; I yelled for him, over and over. I tried proceeding to find him; the fire closest to me flared high and the smoke became black and thick.

I only remember clearly ripping the bedroom window screen out; and lifting my chunky corgi Ripley up and out and dropped carefully out the window. Still screaming for my cat; I barely remember diving out the window.

I was sure Tony was lost.

I tried breaking down a steel door and breaking the big picture window... thank God, I didn't. The extra oxygen would have consumed him.

Fire fighters rescued Tony; he was rescued with his feet on fire; overcome by smoke.

Miraculously, he was revived and a savvy Vet and 4 weeks of inpatient Vet care, he's recovered, hair is growing over most the burns; whiskers filling out. He's missing half a foot and half his toes; he's maimed, but he's mine. He saved our lives.

Electrical fire. The hardwired alarm, useless without electricity.

It was a miracle to me that I had just bought pet insurance.

After the fire and shock; mail was being gone through. My computer ruined; no access to bookmarks, emails, docs....

Then I see a VPI letter, somewhat scolding, how I need to provide a Vet Well Check for my cat... a requirement this paper letter said, in order to cover a pet 10 years and older or older than 10 years.

Borrowing a computer, I found an email of the same kind of caveat. Tony, in short, was not covered for the fire injuries. He was 11.

I emailed VPI from my Dad's PC and asked for confirmation that I paid and they took an online transfer of funds for policies for both corgi and cat.

I was never responded to.

It's a creepy, narrow window of small print and caveat; VPI policies bought on 27 December, their start schedule, 14 January 15 fire, and my hero fire cat's coverage.

Almost everything I owned was destroyed by fire, smoke, heat, water, and by products. Renter's insurance is tricky and misleading, leaving me poorer than I was before. Injury or death of pets are not relevant in this Liberty Mutual claim.

The Vet bills. Worth every penny and more. A GoFundMe site was created for Tony the Hero Fire Cat; without my knowledge. Thank God for the generosity of people.

Bittersweet. I felt certain that my cat was covered by VPI. Charity is beautiful; I'm just unsettled about VPI and whether I was overtly or more sneakily misled.

This person wrote the review because of "bad faith practice?" of vpi pet insurance claim from Vpi Pet Insurance and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $5000 and wants Vpi Pet Insurance to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was sense of bait and switch. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Vpi Pet Insurance for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Vpi Pet Insurance?

Comments